Monday, January 30, 2012

What Enslaves You?

1. A project of mine that really excited me when I first began was an interactive video project for library. The University Library comissioned my partner and I to create some kind of interactive YouTube experience for students to help promote the library. The thrilling part about this was that I was being paid to do this and at the same time it was something I really wanted to do and had fun doing. It was like a dream project come true and being paid to do it! I had plenty of ideas circulating in my head and couldn't wait to begin with my partner and start working on it.

2. Completely different experience when I actually started the project. It turns out my partner didn't do NEAR the amount of work that I thought he would do and it ended up being a huge burden on me. I thought we would all be doing equal amount of work but it turns out I had to do every single aspect of the project. This as it turns out didn't excite me at all. It became too much work on my part and zapped the fun out of it. It quickly became a chore.

3. The limitations that forced my project to change were:

- The amount of work
- The little time I had to work on it due to school and my job
- The little amount of help I was getting from my so called partner
- The due date because it was coming up fast and we were nowhere near done.

4. The limitation with the bead was completely different. With the bead there were no limitations so I had a fun time coming up with all sorts of different ideas. Now maybe the limitation was that I could just do ONE idea out of the many. But the usual limitations applied here as well. (The due date and all)

All in all the library project worked out fine. (sort of...I'm STILL working on it and am the only one working on it) It frustrates me that my partner and I got payed equally to do far unequal amounts of work. I guess this is a lesson learned to choose my partners wisely next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment